I love sharing travel tips and guides but since I’m only one human being and work on the road, I’m limited to writing certain content. Therefore, I’d love to share your guest post on this travel blog.
Also, I believe that the travel blogging community creates great opportunities to link up and help each other out!
I’m looking for destination-specific articles, including city guides, X best-of-something posts from different locations, and so on. Basically, any in-depth expert information you can share from anywhere. Sell me the destination, and if I would love to visit some of the places you mention, I’m sure my readers would too.
Please read the guidelines below before submitting your ideas. Know that you won’t be taken into consideration if you don’t meet the criteria and I take the right to decline any post I don’t think is suitable for my page.
THESE ARE MY GUEST POST GUIDELINES FOR MY TRAVEL BLOG:
- I am looking for posts of a minimum of 2000 words.
- Make sure to write your article professionally, and proofread for grammatical errors and sentence structure.
- Target an attractive keyword (accessible competition and good search volume) and optimize your post to this keyword.
- Use headings and subheadings.
- All articles must be original content and must not exist anywhere on the internet before submission.
- Please include a minimum of 5 photos relevant to your post. If you do an X best things post, listing several places or activities, you must include X images to go with your text. (Ex “10 best cafes in Amsterdam” should have 10 photos included to back up your post). This can in some cases be discussed if you don’t have any/enough relevant or high-quality images.
- Images should be 1600px wide for horizontal photos and 975px for vertical. File size should not exceed 300kb for each photo.
- Include a short bio (approximately 100 words).
To get an idea of what kind of posts and content I publish, check out previous posts.
DELIVERY OF THE GUEST POST TO MY BLOG:
- Send an email to email@example.com pitching 2-5 guest post ideas. Please include the targeted keywords, search volume, and competition.
- Tell me why you are an expert on your pitched idea.
- If I like your idea we can schedule a delivery and you can invite me to a Google Docs document containing your finished post. This should include links, headings, bio, and a clear indication of where photos should go.
- Either invite me to a folder containing your photos with clear naming or send them to me via wetransfer.
- After your guest post is published I am going to promote it on my social media channels (Facebook and Pinterest) and expect you to do the same.
- Finally, I expect you to be available to answer any comments on the post on my blog.
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF WRITING A GUEST POST ON THIS SITE?
- Each article can include 2 links to blog posts from your site. These links must be relevant to the post and never link to sales pages or affiliate sites. Links will be marked as “dofollow”.
- In your author bio feel free to include a link to your home page as well as your social media channels.
- Connect with new readers through my channels and join a growing blogging community.
Please note I hold the right to edit and add my links to your guest post. Furthermore, I hold the right to decline your post at any time and for any reason.