Nestled within the vibrant heart of Copenhagen, a city I’ve had the privilege to call home for a decade, is a world where picturesque streets, rich history, and captivating design converge. But what truly sets Copenhagen apart is its diverse and inspiring hotel scene.
Having spent a decade living in this charming city, and with a background as a flight attendant, I’ve had my share of hotel layovers and am well-versed in what makes a great hotel – and what surely doesn’t!
In this comprehensive guide, I invite you to embark on a journey through Copenhagen’s top 21 hotels, each offering a unique experience. From luxurious palatial retreats to eco-friendly havens, this enchanting city has the perfect accommodation for every traveler.
Are you ready to discover the perfect place to stay on your next visit to Copenhagen? Let’s delve into the extraordinary world of the best hotels in the Danish capital.
Best overall: NH Collection Copenhagen
Most Luxurious: Nimb Hotel
Best sustainable: Babette Guldsmeden
Best on a budget: Hotel SP34
Cutest boutique hotel: Hotel Sanders
Most unique: Coco Hotel
Best dining experience: Nobis Hotel Copenhagen
Best design hotel: Hotel Skt. Petri
Great for families: 71 Nyhavn Hotel
What are The Best Hotels in Copenhagen?
Top Luxury Hotels in Copenhagen
When it comes to the best luxury hotels in Copenhagen, the city offers a plethora of options for travelers seeking opulence and unparalleled service. From the fairytale-like Nimb Hotel in Tivoli Gardens to the historic grandeur of Hotel d’Angleterre, these accommodations provide a lavish retreat in the heart of the Danish capital.
Villa Copenhagen promises a truly unforgettable experience, a luxury hotel set in a historic building with a rooftop pool and a focus on sustainability. This centrally located hotel is just minutes from Tivoli Gardens and other central attractions, making it the perfect base for exploring this enchanting city.
Nestled within the enchanting Tivoli Gardens, the Nimb Hotel is a gem that promises an experience like no other in Copenhagen. What sets this hotel apart is its dedication to providing guests with an unforgettable luxurious stay without clichéd extravagance.
The hotel boasts a modern fairytale-like ambiance, with high-end amenities like Nespresso machines and Bang & Olufsen TVs.
Its prime location near the Royal Danish Theatre is a cultural treat for guests.
Though on the pricier side, Nimb provides an exceptional five-star experience, marrying enchantment with contemporary elegance. Dive into a captivating chapter of your Copenhagen journey at Nimb Hotel.
- Prime location within the iconic Tivoli Gardens.
- Modern fairy-tale ambiance with luxurious amenities.
- Proximity to the Royal Danish Theatre.
- Rooms equipped with premium brands such as Nespresso machines and Bang & Olufsen TVs.
- On-site restaurants offering Scandinavian, French, and Asian dishes.
- Afternoon tea and evening cocktails are available in a historic ballroom setting.
- Private limousine service to and from Copenhagen Airport Kastrup
- Prime location in Tivoli Gardens
- Luxurious amenities and furnishings
- Near Royal Danish Theatre
- Premium brand in-room features
- Diverse on-site dining
- Private limousine service
- Premium pricing
- Potentially too lavish for some
- Possible noise from Tivoli Gardens
NH Collection Copenhagen, a five-star hotel, offers a luxurious experience with its waterfront views, combining stunning scenery with top-notch amenities.
The hotel’s 394 elegant guest rooms and suites feature floor-to-ceiling windows. This provides guests with a stunning panoramic view of the harbor or the city.
In addition to its breathtaking views, NH Collection Copenhagen offers a range of amenities. These include a gym, Tabla Fina bar/restaurant, and proximity to famous sights. All ensuring a comfortable and convenient stay for its guests.
- Five-star luxury with waterfront views
- Prime location with proximity to major attractions like Christiansborg Palace
- Spacious, elegant rooms and suites with panoramic views
- A range of dietary options is available for breakfast
- Part of the famous NH Collection hotel chain
- Rooms equipped with modern amenities
- High guest rating for location
- Versatile breakfast options
- Comprehensive services
- Close to popular attractions
- Close to the airport
- Luxurious and classy
- The property is non-smoking, which may not be suitable for all
- Not all rooms guarantee a harbor view
Villa Copenhagen represents a fresh take on the grand hotel experience, offering a modern perspective on timeless elegance. Its prime location, nestled near Copenhagen Central Station and Tivoli Gardens, ensures that you’re always at the heart of the action in this vibrant city.
Situated in the historic Copenhagen Central Post Building, Villa Copenhagen captivates with its magnificent atrium and unparalleled service available 24/7.
The hotel boasts top-notch amenities, including a gym, a chic bar, a serene garden, and a rejuvenating pool. Beyond luxury, it champions sustainability, ensuring guests experience a blend of historical charm with modern responsibility.
With reasonable rates, Villa Copenhagen offers a harmonious blend of the past and future, where luxury and sustainability unite in a distinguished setting.
- Contemporary luxury hotel set in a historical landmark
- The optimal location near Copenhagen Central Station and Tivoli Gardens
- A combination of opulence with sustainability, offering responsible tourism
- An array of amenities from a fitness center to an outdoor pool
- Unique experience blending the rich history of the Central Post Building with modern conveniences
- Located in a historic and iconic building
- Comprehensive amenities
- Outdoor pool, sauna, and bar
- High guest appreciation for the location
- Daily gluten-free breakfast options
- Proximity to major attractions
- Not all rooms have the same view
- Occasional urban noise may occur
- There might be extra charges or restrictions for pets
Boutique Hotels in the City Center
Copenhagen is a haven for travelers seeking a more intimate and personalized experience, to a variety of boutique hotels in the city center, each offering unique design elements and convenient access to top attractions.
These hotels combine style and comfort, creating unforgettable stays for guests who appreciate art, design, and impeccable service.
Among the boutique hotels in the city center, we have:
- Hotel Sanders: stands out with its chic atmosphere and curated artwork
- Coco Hotel: offers an eco-friendly, Parisian-inspired design in the trendy Vesterbro neighborhood
- The Audo: a must-visit for design aficionados, with its serene spaces, warm Nordic minimal interiors, and concept store.
Cutest boutique hotel
Located in the heart of Copenhagen’s cultural district, Hotel Sanders is the best boutique hotel in Copenhagen. It offers a chic boutique experience with bespoke furniture, curated artwork, and a rooftop garden.
The hotel’s relaxed atmosphere and mid-century modern furnishings, featuring hessian walls and marble paneling, provide guests with a stylish and comfortable stay.
Hotel Sanders is the perfect retreat for design enthusiasts and discerning travelers alike.
- Located in Copenhagen’s cultural heart
- Chic boutique experience with bespoke furniture and curated artwork
- Rooftop conservatory garden offering relaxation
- Sanders Kitchen: Mediterranean-inspired menu based on fresh, seasonal, and local produce
- Vintage setting at bar Tata for classic cocktails and selected wines
- Convenient inner courtyard for relaxation during sunny days
- High attention to guest comfort with complimentary minibar, slippers, kimonos, and luxury toiletries
- Centrally located
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Complimentary WiFi access
- Two restaurants focusing on fresh and healthy food
- Well-rated location by couples
- Laundry services available
- Car and bike rental
- A 20-minute walk from some attractions
- Further away from the airport
Nestled in Copenhagen’s trendy Vesterbro district, Coco Hotel seamlessly combines chic Parisian-inspired design with a strong commitment to sustainability.
With a vibrant café, a ping-pong room, and a welcoming lobby bar, Coco Hotel ensures that every moment of your stay is enjoyable and memorable.
From stylish rooms to environmentally conscious practices, Coco Hotel provides a unique blend of style and environmental consciousness. Rates are decent, making it an accessible choice for travelers who want to make a positive impact on the planet without compromising on comfort.
Located in the heart of Vesterbro, Coco Hotel offers easy access to local attractions. Ultimately, making it an ideal choice for eco-conscious travelers who wish to explore the best of Copenhagen.
- Located in the trendy Vesterbro district
- Chic Parisian-inspired design combined with strong sustainability practices
- Vibrant café, ping-pong room, and welcoming lobby bar for entertainment
- Green Key is environmentally certified, with a dedication to eco-friendliness seen in every detail
- Offers easy access to local attractions and the main train station
- Breakfast at Delphine with organic offerings
- Services available round the clock
- Eco-conscious hotel
- Quiet courtyard-facing rooms
- Varied amenities
- Summer terrace
- Social facilities
- Friendly staff
- Decent rates
- Off-site breakfast
- Some attractions further away
The Audo, a design-led boutique hotel in Nordhavn, offers guests a unique fusion of art, design, and hospitality. With 10 rooms, a café, a fine dining restaurant, and a concept store, The Audo provides a truly immersive experience for design enthusiasts. The hotel’s dramatic central atrium, serene spaces, and a curated selection of Danish furniture make it a destination in its own right.
Finally, Nordhavn offers a relaxing and natural atmosphere as a new harbor area that offers swimming facilities. It is perfect for those who wish to be close to the city, but not cramped. Grab a coffee or breakfast from one of the many cafes, and enjoy it while overlooking the calm ocean from the banks.
- Located in the serene Nordhavn, with proximity to the harbor and swimming facilities
- A design-led boutique hotel offering an immersive experience blending art, design, and hospitality
- Provides diverse spaces including a café, fine dining restaurant, and concept store
- Calm ocean views and easy access to cafes for a peaceful breakfast by the banks
- Close to significant landmarks like The Little Mermaid and Parken Stadium
- All rooms are equipped with modern amenities including a minibar, fridge, and coffee machine
- A unique fusion of art and hospitality
- Proximity to relaxing spots in Nordhavn
- Allergy-free property
- Popular among couples
- On-site bike hire facilitates
- Shared lounge, terrace, and bar
- Free WiFi
- Slightly further from the city’s core attractions
- Limited room count
Historic Hotels with Modern Amenities
The beautifully restored historic hotels in Copenhagen reflect the city’s rich history. These accommodations offer a blend of charm and modern comforts. Ultimately, allowing guests to experience the city’s past while enjoying contemporary amenities and conveniences.
Among the historic hotels in Copenhagen, the Radisson Collection Royal Hotel stands out with its unique design by architect Arne Jacobsen, as well as Hotel Skt. Annæ offers luxury accommodations in a historic building near Nyhavn Harbour.
For those seeking a unique hotel experience, the Copenhagen Admiral Hotel is set in an 18th-century warehouse, showcasing Scandinavian style and offering bike rental services for exploring the city.
The Radisson Collection Royal Hotel, a masterpiece by acknowledged architect Arne Jacobsen, seamlessly marries historic charm with modern comforts.
Boasting unparalleled city views and a prime location near Tivoli Gardens, this hotel welcomes you with its warm minimalist design style and contemporary Scandinavian aesthetic.
Luxury is woven into every aspect of your stay, as this five-star establishment ensures your comfort and satisfaction.
With its high ceilings, comfortable living spaces, and unwavering commitment to exceptional service, the Radisson Collection Royal Hotel presents itself as the perfect choice for travelers seeking a harmonious blend of history and modern luxury.
- A historic masterpiece designed by renowned architect Arne Jacobsen
- Convenient location near Tivoli Gardens and overlooking the Christianshavn district
- Presents a blend of historic charm and modern comforts with a contemporary Scandinavian aesthetic
- Luxury is emphasized throughout the stay with five-star services
- Multiple on-site dining options: Italian, Japanese, and Thai restaurants, ensuring diverse culinary experiences
- Easy access to public transport with proximity to Islands Brygge Metro Station
- Unparalleled city views
- High ceilings and comfortable living spaces
- Commitment to top-tier service
- Offers free WiFi access
- Free Gym
- In-house casino
- Hosts three distinct restaurants and two bars
- Part of the recognized Radisson Blu hotel chain
- Further away from some attractions
- Casino might be unattractive for some
Set in a historic building near Nyhavn Harbour, Hotel Skt. Annæ offers luxury accommodations with spacious rooms and coastal cuisine, reflecting Copenhagen’s rich history and contemporary lifestyle.
The hotel’s central location allows guests to easily explore the city’s attractions. Additionally, the Deluxe rooms provide a serene retreat with a color palette inspired by Danish artist Vilhelm Hammershøi.
Hotel Skt. Annæ, boasting a range of amenities like The Club bar and The Shrimp restaurant, is an ideal choice for those seeking a luxurious, historic stay in central Copenhagen.
- Located in a historic 17th-century building
- Prime location near Nyhavn Harbour
- Rooms inspired by Danish artist Vilhelm Hammershøi
- Diverse dining at The Shrimp restaurant and The Club bar
- 500m from Kongens Nytorv metro
- Rooftop views of Copenhagen
- Central yet tranquil location
- High guest satisfaction
- Elegant Danish design
- On-site restaurants and bars
- Offers bike rental service
- Proximity to significant landmarks
- Less contemporary accommodations
- The area can get crowded
Copenhagen Admiral Hotel stands as a captivating embodiment of Scandinavian style, situated within an 18th-century warehouse nestled by the waterfront. Exposed wooden beams, interior brickwork, and charming archways evoke a sense of history and character that adds to the hotel’s allure.
The unique design and picturesque waterfront location set the stage for an unforgettable stay, inviting guests to immerse themselves in the city’s charm. What’s more, the hotel’s bike rental service makes exploring Copenhagen’s many attractions a breeze.
Accommodation options at Copenhagen Admiral Hotel cater to a variety of preferences. These range from cozy single and double rooms to spacious family rooms and elegant senior and deluxe suites. This diversity ensures that every traveler can find their ideal retreat within the hotel’s walls.
For those in search of a truly distinctive hotel experience intertwined with a touch of history, Copenhagen Admiral Hotel beckons as the perfect choice.
- Heritage-listed 1780s building
- Waterfront next to Amalienborg Palace and Copenhagen Opera
- Historic architecture with Pomeranian pine and brickwork
- Near major city attractions
- Variety in room options, from singles to deluxe suites
- Gourmet dining at Salt restaurant
- Distinctive historic charm
- Picturesque views of the harbor and vintage schooner ships
- On-site gourmet restaurant and bar
- Bike rental service is available
- Offers wellness amenities
- Sauna and steam room
- Soundproof rooms
- Less modern and more rustic aesthetic
- Older buildings might be less functional
Family-Friendly Hotels in Copenhagen
A fantastic destination for family vacations, Copenhagen offers a variety of family-friendly hotels. These offer spacious accommodations, kid-friendly amenities, and convenient access to top attractions.
Finally, ensuring that every member of the family, from the youngest to the oldest, can enjoy an unforgettable stay in the Danish capital.
Manon les Suites, a lakeside all-suite hotel with family-friendly accommodations, offers a central pool area perfect for families seeking relaxation and fun.
For pet and family-friendly options, consider 71 Nyhavn Hotel, set in a 19th-century warehouse, or Andersen Hotel, a sociable and laid-back hotel offering stylish design and daily wine reception for the adults.
Located just 15 minutes from the city center, Manon les Suites is a lakeside all-suite hotel. It offers family-friendly accommodations in a peaceful setting.
The hotel’s central pool area is perfect for families to spend quality time together. All while the eco-conscious tropical atmosphere creates a unique and relaxing environment.
Manon les Suites provides a luxurious and family-friendly retreat in Copenhagen.
- Lakeside location near the city center
- Central pool area for families
- Eco-conscious, tropical design
- Fully-equipped spacious suites complete with kitchenettes
- Commitment to sustainability with organic offerings
- Easy access to Vesterport Train Station, major shopping streets, and attractions
- All-suite accommodations
- A range of wellness amenities
- Steam room and sauna
- Indoor swimming pool
- Fitness center
- Free WiFi
- The rooftop restaurant with a great view
- Organic toiletries
- Soundproof rooms
- The tropical theme might not be for all
- The location is not fully in the city center
Great for families
Set in a 19th-century warehouse by the water, 71 Nyhavn Hotel offers pet and family-friendly accommodations. With local artwork and exposed wooden beams, it provides a unique and memorable stay for the entire family.
The hotel’s convenient location near top attractions, such as Tivoli Gardens, Amalienborg Palace, and Town Hall Square, makes it an ideal choice for families looking to explore the city.
71 Nyhavn Hotel is a charming and family-friendly option in central Copenhagen.
- Located in two 19th-century warehouses
- This family-friendly hotel offers an experience
- It features local artwork and exposed wooden beams
- Pet-friendly policy
- In the heart of Nyhavn District, close to attractions
- Canal Boat Tours departure right outside
- Part of Arp-Hansen Hotel Group for top service
- Rooms are well-equipped with modern amenities
- Good breakfast
- The hotel’s position is unmatched
- Concierge service
- 24-hour front desk
- Room service
- Proximity to the main shopping street
- Only continental breakfast offered
- Some rooms may have unconventional layouts
Andersen Hotel, a warm and welcoming establishment in Copenhagen, embodies the essence of sociability and relaxation. With its chic design that mirrors the modern spirit of the city, the hotel offers a diverse range of rooms and suites. All are suitable for both solo travelers and families.
Adults can savor the daily wine reception, while the hotel’s convenient location near Copenhagen’s top attractions ensures that every member of the family can make the most of their visit to the city.
Andersen Hotel focuses on design, comfort, and individuality. This makes it an excellent choice for families and solo travelers seeking a stylish and memorable stay in the heart of Copenhagen.
It’s where sociability harmonizes with modern Danish design, promising an unforgettable experience for all guests.
- Boutique hotel in trendy Vesterbro
- Design influenced by the award-winning Designers Guild
- Catering to families and solo travelers
- Located 200m from the main train station
- Daily wine reception and free Nespresso for adults
- Close to Kødbyen’s galleries, restaurants, and bars
- Easy access to prime city attractions for families
- Boutique hotel in trendy Vesterbro
- Chic design influenced by Designers Guild
- Close to the main train station and Kødbyen area
- Daily wine reception and free Nespresso coffee
- Modern amenities in rooms
- Bicycle rental available for city exploration
- Prime location
- Family rooms available
- Limited dining options beyond breakfast
- Some rooms might be smaller than in larger hotel chains
Eco-Friendly and Sustainable Hotels
Copenhagen, a city known for its commitment to sustainability, is home to a variety of eco-friendly and sustainable hotels.
These accommodations prioritize their environmental credentials, implementing sustainable practices and offering eco-friendly amenities. Making it attractive, for guests who are conscious about their impact on the planet.
Among the eco-friendly hotels in Copenhagen, Babette Guldsmeden stands out. This is done with its unique fusion of Scandinavian and Indonesian design, while Hotel Alexandra offers a retro mid-century design hotel with Danish vintage furniture and eco-friendly practices.
For those interested in industrial-chic design, Hotel Ottilia a repurposed brewery offers eco-friendly amenities and social spaces on-site.
Part of the Guldsmeden Hotels collection this is a quirky, eco-friendly hotel that fuses Scandinavian and Indonesian design sensibilities.
With a focus on sustainable management, organic food, and green energy, the hotel has been certified by Green Globe for its sustainability initiatives.
Babette Guldsmeden has a unique blend of Nordic and Balinese aesthetics creating a boho boutique ambiance throughout the hotel. This way, it is an excellent choice for environmentally conscious travelers seeking a distinctive stay in Copenhagen.
- Certified by Green Globe for sustainability
- Fusion of Scandinavian and Indonesian design
- Organic bistro-style cuisine at Babette’s Feast
- Centrally located near major attractions like Amalienborg Castle
- Rooms with Balinese-style furnishings, 4-poster beds, and original artwork
- A unique blend of Nordic and Balinese aesthetics
- Organic toiletries provided
- Proximity to major landmarks
- Great location
- Spa, sauna, and quality breakfast offered
- The Balinese theme might not appeal to all
- Potential city-centered noise
- Not part of a globally recognized hotel chain
Those seeking a retro mid-century design hotel with a focus on sustainability will find Hotel Alexandra to be the perfect choice.
Hotel Alexandra offers Danish vintage furniture and eco-friendly practices. These include recycling and composting programs, energy-efficient lighting, and eco-friendly cleaning methods. In a nutshell, Hotel Alexandra is a shrine for Denmark’s magnificent mid-century design accomplishments while being environmentally conscious.
Having earned the Green Key environmental certificate, you can be sure that this hotel is eco-friendly.
- Strong emphasis on sustainability with the Green Key environmental certificate
- Retro mid-century design showcasing Danish vintage furniture
- Centrally located, close to Tivoli Gardens and Town Hall Square
- Environmental consciousness, including recycling, composting, and eco-friendly cleaning
- Classic Danish designer furniture in rooms
- Soundproofed rooms for added privacy
- Modern amenities like air conditioning and flat-screen TVs
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel
- Environmentally friendly practices
- Good location
- Vintage design might not appeal to all visitors
- Limited on-site facilities compared to larger hotels
Set in a repurposed brewery, Hotel Ottilia offers an industrial-chic design with eco-friendly amenities and various social spaces on-site.
The hotel’s energy-saving switches, eco-friendly cleaning products, and commitment to sustainability make it an excellent choice for environmentally conscious travelers seeking a unique hotel experience.
Hotel Ottilia provides a distinctive stay in Copenhagen while prioritizing its environmental impact.
- Housed in a repurposed Carlsberg brewery, offering an industrial-chic design
- Strong commitment to sustainability with energy-saving switches and eco-friendly cleaning products
- Complimentary wine hour for guests
- Diverse social spaces, including multiple shared lounges, bars, and restaurants
- On-site Italian restaurant with a 360-degree view of Copenhagen
- Organic breakfast options for guests
- Wide range of meeting rooms and conference facilities
- High-speed WiFi throughout the property
- Proximity to key attractions like Copenhagen Zoo and Tivoli Gardens
- Bike rental available on-site
- Soundproof rooms for enhanced privacy
- Extensive conference and meeting facilities
- Set in a brewery might not appeal to all guests
- A bit distant from Copenhagen Central Station
Hotels with Exceptional Dining Experiences
Well-known for its culinary scene, Copenhagen has many hotels that offer exceptional dining experiences for guests to indulge in. From acclaimed restaurants to innovative menus, these hotels provide unforgettable dining experiences. These are sure to delight even the most discerning food enthusiast.
Nobis Hotel Copenhagen, for example, offers modern Scandinavian rooms and an on-site restaurant. This serves authentic Scandinavian cuisine, while Hotel SP34 in the Latin Quarter features city-view suites and multiple dining options. For a more laid-back vibe, Scandic Kødbyen offers a well-stocked wine bar, open charcoal grill, and a casual café in a hip neighborhood.
Best dining experience
Nobis Hotel Copenhagen is a luxurious boutique gem nestled in the heart of the city. Furthermore, it beckons guests with an exceptional dining experience at their famous NOI restaurant. Here, the culinary offerings are nothing short of exquisite.
Start your day with a rich buffet of cold cuts, pastries, and fresh produce, paired with fresh juices and aromatic coffee. Later, savor a menu of premium ingredients, including antipasti, fresh pasta, braised beef, and desserts like Tiramisu.
Nobis Hotel isn’t merely about dining; it’s a realm of luxury. Enjoy its wellness facilities—from a gym to a hammam and sauna.
The contemporary Scandinavian design ensures a memorable, lavish stay in Copenhagen.
- Located in a historic building from 1903, exuding charm and elegance
- Situated just a 2-minute walk from Tivoli Gardens in central Copenhagen
- Free access to an upscale fitness center and relaxation area
- Scandinavian dishes crafted from seasonal, quality products at Restaurant NOI
- Proximity to prominent attractions like Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek Art Museum, and more
- Part of the acclaimed Design Hotels chain
- Modern Scandinavian-designed and furnished rooms
- Sauna, hammam, and cold plunge pool
- Free WiFi available throughout the hotel
- 24-hour front desk service
- Close to Copenhagen Central Station
- The historical building might not suit all tastes
- The location can be busy
Best on a budget
Nestled in Copenhagen’s lively Latin Quarter, Hotel SP34 offers a chic urban escape with stunning city-view suites. Step into the world of gastronomic delights right within the hotel’s premises. On top, it is also nicer for those looking for a more value-for-money accommodation option.
Whether you crave Copenhagen’s best burgers and cocktails at Cocks & Cows, yearn for the secret garden ambiance at Väkst, or desire to mingle with the locals at Din Nye Ven (Your New Friend), Hotel SP34 brings these diverse dining experiences to your doorstep. In fact, you might find yourself tempted to savor all three in a single day!
With this diverse culinary offering and its trendy ambiance, Hotel SP34 is the perfect choice for travelers who appreciate exceptional dining experiences in a stylish and convenient setting.
- Located in Copenhagen’s vibrant Latin Quarter
- Variety of on-site dining experiences: Cocks & Cows, Väkst, and Din Nye Ven
- Value-for-money accommodation
- Proximity to major attractions such as City Hall Square and Strøget
- Rooftop terrace for breathtaking city views
- Complimentary wine hour for guests
- Boutique ambiance with modern amenities
- Organic food and ingredients featured in the breakfast buffet
- Central location
- Free WiFi throughout the hotel
- Rooftop terrace for guests
- Three on-site restaurants
- Soundproof rooms
- Daily complimentary wine hour
- Suites come with a free minibar
- Hypoallergenic rooms available
- Might be busy due to the central location
Scandic Kødbyen is a cool hotel in a fashionable neighborhood. It offers guests a laid-back vibe with a well-stocked wine bar, open charcoal grill, and a casual café.
The hotel’s diverse dining options, including the on-site Mør Restaurant and Bar. This caters to a variety of tastes and preferences. This way, making it an ideal choice for those seeking exceptional culinary experiences in a relaxed atmosphere.
Scandic Kødbyen provides a unique and enjoyable stay for food enthusiasts in the heart of Copenhagen.
- Situated in the trendy Vesterbro district
- Laid-back ambiance with wine bar, charcoal grill, and café
- Walking distance to Copenhagen Central Station
- Specialized steak offerings at Mør Restaurant and Bar
- A wide variety of international wines is available
- On-site café, The Coffee Box, for casual meet-ups
- Convenient bike rentals for city exploration
- Central location in a fashionable neighborhood
- Free WiFi throughout the hotel
- On-site fitness center
- Bike rentals available
- Restaurant featuring Danish free-range Angus beef
- Wine bar with extensive wine selection
- Part of the recognized Scandic hotel chain
- Some popular destinations are a longer walk away
- Private parking may incur additional charges
Hotels for Art and Design Lovers
Not only reflected in its streets and galleries, Copenhagen’s creative scene is also embodied in its hotels. For art and design lovers, the city offers a variety of hotels. These showcase exceptional design, original artwork, and inspiring spaces. These accommodations provide guests with an immersive experience, allowing them to appreciate the city’s artistic flair and design prowess.
Some of the best hotels for art and design lovers include:
- Hotel Skt. Petri, a luxurious hotel in the Latin Quarter
- AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen is a modern hotel with a Scandi-style design and Nordic interiors
- Zoku Copenhagen is a hotel designed for digital nomads that blends work and living in a design setting.
Best design hotel
Situated in Copenhagen’s historic Latin Quarter, Hotel Skt. Petri offers luxurious accommodations in a stylish setting that is perfect for art and design lovers.
The hotel’s retro-glam soundproofed rooms and peaceful courtyard garden provide a serene retreat. This is attractive for guests who appreciate the exceptional design and artwork throughout the property.
Hotel Skt. Petri, focusing on art and design, is an ideal choice for travelers seeking a memorable and inspiring stay in Copenhagen.
- Located in Copenhagen’s historic Latin Quarter
- Proximity to the main shopping street, Strøget
- Emphasis on exceptional art and design aesthetics
- In-house restaurant and bar offering culinary delights and signature drinks
- Easy connection to Tivoli Gardens via local bus
- Serene courtyard garden and retro-glam soundproofed rooms
- Free WiFi available throughout the hotel
- Rooms equipped with air conditioning and flat-screen TV
- On-site fitness center and steam room
- Car hire and walking tours are available
- Great location
- Some amenities are not relevant for leisure travelers
- The area can get busy
AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen, a modern hotel with Scandi-style design, offers art and design enthusiasts an immersive experience. This is done through its Nordic interiors and exceptional architecture.
In addition to its stylish design, the hotel offers good dining options, a fitness center, and a spa, making it a perfect choice for design enthusiasts seeking a unique and inspiring stay in the Danish capital.
AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen provides an unforgettable experience for guests who appreciate design and creativity.
- Distinctive modern architecture with two leaning towers connected by a top-floor bridge
- Proximity to Bella Center and Metro Station, providing easy access to the city and airport
- Part of the recognized AC Hotels by Marriott chain
- Three on-site restaurants catering to diverse culinary preferences
- Ideal for design and art enthusiasts with its Nordic interiors and exceptional architecture
- Soundproofed rooms
- Modern design
- Flat-screen TVs and tea/coffee makers
- Free WiFi available throughout the hotel
- Golf course within 3 km
- Business center
- Good accessibility for disabled guests
- High-quality breakfast offerings
- Less cozy
- Pet allowance could bother some
- Located further from the main attractions
Zoku Copenhagen is a haven designed with digital nomads in mind. This is one of the best hotels in Copenhagen and offers stylish and functional loft apartments that seamlessly merge work and living within a thoughtfully designed environment.
Situated on Amager Island, the hotel is a testament to innovative design and contemporary amenities tailored to the needs of today’s travelers. It provides an inspiring and creative atmosphere that fosters productivity and relaxation.
This is for those who seek a distinctive and inspiring hotel experience in the heart of Copenhagen. It’s where work and leisure blend effortlessly, offering a unique and inspiring stay that caters to the demands of modern travelers.
- Tailored to digital nomads and remote workers
- Flexible stay durations: Suitable for short to long-term stays up to one year
- Award-winning Zoku Loft design with their micro-apartments
- 2.6 km from Copenhagen Central Station
- Rooftop social spaces
- Combines work and leisure
- Personalizable lofts
- Direct metro to key districts
- Good location
- 24/7 on-site ‘Sidekicks’ support
- Non-traditional hotel design
- Potential city noise
- Not a globally recognized brand
Buyers Guide: How I Conducted My Research
Selecting the finest hotels in Copenhagen went beyond simply viewing alluring photos or quickly reading online feedback. Here’s a detailed breakdown of my methodology:
- My Connection to the City: Spending ten years in Copenhagen has enriched me with a comprehensive grasp of its diverse landscape. From its bustling hubs to serene lanes, my personal experiences played a crucial role in highlighting hotels that offer both genuine local flavor and prime locations.
- First-Hand Encounters: My numerous stays and events at several Copenhagen hotels over the years granted me a clear insight into the ambiance, hospitality, and distinct features of each establishment.
- Views from the Skies: Serving as a flight attendant for 7 years offered more than just memories of flights. It opened doors to an array of global hotels, refining my sense of recognizing hotel gems and those special touches that transform a stay into a memorable experience.
- Assessing Value: Luxury and relaxation are close to my heart, but so is getting worth every penny spent. I diligently assessed pricing, exclusive deals, and other offerings to ensure the chosen hotels provide a harmonious mix of elegance and cost-effectiveness.
- Exploring Hotel Offerings: I took a comprehensive look at the range of amenities the hotels provide. Whether it’s the comfort of their mattresses or the uniqueness of their dining and spa services, only establishments meeting my rigorous criteria for comfort and innovation were shortlisted.
- Strategic Placement: Being in Copenhagen is one thing; being strategically located is another. I evaluated factors like proximity to popular sights, accessibility of transport, and the charm of the surrounding locales.
- Feedback Integration: While my personal experiences were pivotal, I also incorporated opinions from fellow locals and visitors to Copenhagen. This ensured a more holistic and inclusive list, catering to a broad spectrum of preferences.
A Final Note on The Best Hotels in Copenhagen
To sum it up, Copenhagen’s hotel scene is as diverse and captivating as the city itself. From luxurious palatial retreats to eco-friendly havens, the Danish capital offers a hotel for every type of traveler. Whether you’re seeking a family-friendly getaway, a design-inspired stay, or an exceptional dining experience, this guide has something for you.
Finally, make sure to see my guide on activities to do in Copenhagen, to have an even greater stay!
FAQs about The Best Hotels in Copenhagen
Indre By or Vesterbro are the ideal places to stay for first-time visitors to Copenhagen. This is because they are located in the city center and contain many tourist attractions, transport links, and great hotels. Indre By is also home to Nyhavn, which is an iconic part of the city.
For perfect beach weather, warm temperatures, and eight hours of sunshine each day, the best time to visit Copenhagen is July or August. With mild weather available in the spring, there are plenty of times throughout the year to enjoy the city’s attractions.
You should spend at least three days in the city to get the best out of Copenhagen.
Copenhagen is a very walkable city due to its size, flat geography, and compact downtown area. Many attractions and amenities are located within easy reach of City Hall Square and Central Station.
For a luxury stay in Copenhagen, consider Nimb Hotel, Hotel d’Angleterre, and Villa Copenhagen.
BEST TRAVEL RESOURCES
BOOK YOUR FLIGHT: Not sure how to get the best and cheapest flights? I always use Skyscanner for the best deals. The best tip is to be flexible with dates and destinations if you want the cheapest options.
Alternatively, for frequent travelers, get a membership with Wayaway and receive a cashback on cheap flights and hotels every time you book! Via the link, you even get a 10% discount on your membership.
BOOK GREAT ACCOMMODATION: Booking great accommodation is not difficult but it sucks paying too much. Use Booking.com for the greatest hotel deals and Hostelworld for amazing hostel stays. Alternatively, you can sign up for Worldpackers to get FREE accommodation in exchange for your work.
BEST TRAVEL INSURANCE: Traveling without insurance is a mistake that you don’t want to make - trust me I’ve tried. I’d suggest SafetyWing as they offer great and flexible policies - especially if you are traveling for a long time or a digital nomad. World Nomads is another great insurance with extensive coverage.
NEED HELP WITH YOUR VISA? Figuring out how and when you need a visa can be a bit of a jungle. iVisa is a very handy and user-friendly service.
HAS YOUR EU FLIGHT BEEN DISRUPTED? Use AirHelp as a service to get flight compensation on your European flights in case your flight was delayed, canceled, or disrupted in other ways. More often than not you are actually entitled to compensation.